RENO, Nev. (June 9, 2023) — Jacobs Entertainment hosted a ribbon cutting for the newly rebranded J Resort today, Friday, June 9. The event highlighted the completed renovations of the rebranded resort, including two new restaurants, expanded gaming space, and completed renovation of over 500 hotel rooms.
The ribbon cutting included remarks from Jacobs Entertainment CEO Jeff Jacobs, Governor Joe Lombardo, and Mayor Hillary Schieve.
The new additions to the resort include:
- Hanna's Table - a new three-meal restaurant featuring a seasonal outdoor dining area.
- J Paul's Italian Steakhouse.
- Expanded gaming space with new high ceilings.
- 500 newly refurbished hotel rooms.
- 400 new casino gaming positions.
- Curated art, including a 20 foot tall unique monumental sculpture currently being created in Italy by world renowned American sculptor Richard Erdman.
- Exterior digital art that is displayed on a large 65 by 65 ft. screen on 4th Street showcasing art created by digital video artists from Europe, Asia, and the United States.
- The Afterglow Lounge, which will host Nevada, Los Angeles, and Bay Area musicians each weekend.
“We are excited to showcase the new J Resort and what it has to offer to this community,” said Jeff Jacobs, CEO of Jacobs Entertainment. “Raising the standards for entertainment in the region, J Resort will be the place to be for an unforgettable experience. J Resort is set to become the premier gaming destination in Northern Nevada, offering an unbeatable selection of restaurants, accommodations, art displays, and entertainment options.”
J Resort is also kicking off its first full summer events season at the adjacent Glow Plaza Festival Grounds. Marquee events will include Reno Latinfest; Reno Philharmonic’s Pops on the Glow; Abbey Road — a two-day celebration of the Beatles; and Reno Pride Pre Parade Party — expected to attract an attendance of over 1,000. Additionally, the site will host a country and western-themed festival, a Reno Jazz Orchestra event, several festivals promoted by regional promoter BASS Camp, and many fundraising events including A Night Under the Stars, benefiting the Reno Rodeo Foundation Rhythm and Rawhide. The Glow Plaza Festival Grounds will host over 50 event days this year, with a vision to create over 100 event days and attract over 100,000 new visitors annually to downtown Reno's premier outdoor entertainment facility.
For more information, please visit www.jresortreno.com.