Atlantic City, N.J. (June 17, 2020) – Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City announced today that the property will reopen under new and thorough ‘Safe + Sound’ program guidelines to help ensure good clean fun at the resort destination.
“Hard Rock and Seminole Gaming have made a tremendous commitment to sanitary protocols and a safety-first mentality for both guests and team members,” said Jim Allen, CEO of Seminole Gaming and Chairman of Hard Rock International. “We are making sure our resorts are safe and sound so our guests and team members have peace of mind when they return.”
The ‘Safe + Sound’ Reopening Plan and Protocols have been developed in accordance with guidelines provided by Hard Rock International and adopts the Atlantic City Casino Industry's Summary Plan of Proposed Reopening Protocols in effort to take a responsible and conservative approach in providing a safe, secure and fun environment.
“We look forward to welcoming back our loyal guests and team members for an exciting summer at the Jersey Shore. Our top priority over the last several months was diligently developing new ‘Safe + Sound’ protocols ensuring a comfortable environment to stay, play and work. Included in those protocols is the requirement for all to wear masks and have their temperature scanned with thermal imaging technology before entering the property,” said Joe Lupo, President of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City. “Creating the ‘Safe + Sound’ protocols, implementing detailed training programs and carefully cleaning the property will provide the most thorough and responsible approach in Atlantic City, providing good clean fun for all.”
The ‘Safe + Sound’ program adheres to the directives of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
- Mandated masks for guests and team members
- Temperature check for guests and team members
- A new Safe + Sound Clean Team
- Increased quality of air circulation
- AtlantiCare partnership focused on contact tracing, training, telehealth and more
Safe + Sound guidelines and property updates include:
Personal Protection Guidelines
- All guests and team members will be required to wear masks or cloth face coverings that meet CDC guidelines, except when eating or drinking. Masks will be provided to guests, as needed.
- Appropriate social distancing requirements in gaming and non-gaming areas will be required and enforced by all team members, which will include over 750 signs posted throughout the complex to help ensure adherence to ‘Safe + Sound’ Program guidelines.
- Over 200 hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed in all high-traffic, high-visibility areas such as key guest and team member entrances and contact areas such as valet, porte cochere, reception areas, hotel lobby, casino floor, restaurant entrances, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, pools, and exercise areas.
- Thermal Imaging provided by CERTIFY’s SnapXT will take the temperature of all guests and team members entering the property.
- Points of entry will be limited to allow the Security Team to conduct temperature screenings. Those who display a temperature of 100.4°F or greater will be escorted to a designated area for a secondary temporal temperature screening. Those have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater will not be authorized entry to the property.
- The Hard Rock Atlantic City Security Team will be specially trained and responsible for all temperature checks, monitoring entrances/exits, reminding guests and team members of social distancing requirements, managing line queueing, and distributing PPE as well as ensuring that everyone is following the required PPE protocols.
Safe + Sound Clean Team
- More than 100 team members will be part the ‘Safe + Sound’ Clean Team to focus on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the complex, with special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas. They will be clearly visible with a lime green uniform stating, "Clean Team."
- The team will focus especially on the deep cleaning of all gaming surfaces, chips, hotel rooms, restaurants, pool and public areas.
- A designated member from each department will meet with the ‘Safe + Sound’ Committee weekly to proactively monitor, communicate and enhance protocols.
Property & Gaming Changes
- The property has purchased over 1,000 new air filters that are frequently changed out in common areas throughout the building, with 100% outside air flow into the building which increases the quality of air circulation.
- The air quantity within Hard Rock Atlantic City provides approximately 10 to 12 air changes per hour, maximizing the exchange of fresh air.
- The property is working closely with AtlantiCare to provide a more thorough and responsible approach in COVID-19 related matters, including contact tracing, training, telehealth and more.
- The hotel will follow thorough and upgraded cleaning guidelines that includes frequent disinfecting of high touch areas as instructed by the CDC, WHO and local officials to ensure good clean fun.
- Plexiglass will be installed in the following areas: Front Desk, Cage, Wildcard Services, Sportsbook, Box Office and select Table Games.
- Guests or related guests will be required to adhere to one vacant position between slot machines and table games played unless related or together in a group. Limited occupancy based on game will take place to allow for social distancing.
- There will be a reduction in guest capacity throughout the casino that will be posted at each venue.
- Due to occupancy restrictions, guests must be 21+ to visit Hard Rock Atlantic City unless they have a hotel or restaurant reservation.
- Shows will remain dark and the Fresh Harvest Buffet will remain closed until further notice.
Team Member Protocols
- All team members will receive general health and hygiene training on COVID-19 sanitization protocols followed by a comprehensive position-specific training of their new Standard Operating Procedures.
- All team members will be required to complete a health questionnaire, prior to returning to work and before entering the property daily.
- Protective equipment will be provided to team members whose responsibilities require them as determined by health officials.
- A ‘Safe + Sound’ Committee has been created to oversee compliance of sanitization, social distancing, and reopening protocols.
- Team members will go through thorough training and will enforce and communicate required CDC guidelines.
Food & Beverage
- Restaurants will have limited occupancy to enforce social distancing guidelines.
- Restaurant venues including Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, Kuro, Il Mulino, Hard Rock Cafe, Youyu Noodle Bar, Sugar Factory, Flavor Tour and White House Subs will be open with social distancing requirements in place.
- Upon reopening, Hard Rock Atlantic City Beach Bar will open at 11 a.m. daily and Hard Rock Cafe and Sugar Factory will both offer outdoor dining options.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City
Set on 17 acres, with the legendary Atlantic City Boardwalk as its backdrop, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City has become Atlantic City’s go-to entertainment destination, boasting 2,200 slots, 120 table games, more than 20 first-class restaurants and lounges, and world-class entertainment, including Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena, the beachside Sound Waves and Howie Mandel’s Comedy Club. The hotel and casino also features the iconic Hard Rock Cafe, overlooking the Atlantic City Boardwalk, showcasing a brand new elevated menu and state-of-the-art stage, allowing for an amplified level of service and entertainment. Along with an endless array of upscale amenities, including world-class shopping and the brand’s signature full-service Rock Spa® and Salon, featuring 31 treatment rooms, the new, music-inspired property offers lavish guest rooms and suites, with stunning views of the city and Atlantic Ocean. From family vacations and business trips to weddings, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City offers an unparalleled experience. Each of the hotel’s guest rooms and suites radiates a contemporary style, including Hard Rock’s signature The Sound of Your Stay® music amenity program, which allows guests to set the mood with complimentary vinyl records or jam out on a Fender guitar in the privacy of their own room. Hotel guests can enjoy high speed, property-wide Wi-Fi, 24-Hour In-Room Dining, towel and chair service at Hard Rock Beach or at the indoor pool, and access to Body Rock® Fitness Center. For more information and to book your stay, please visit hardrockhotelatlanticcity.com.
About Hard Rock®:
With venues in 76 countries spanning 256 locations that include owned/licensed or managed Hotels, Casinos, Rock Shops® and Cafes - Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia at more than 83,000 pieces, which are displayed at its locations around the globe. In 2019, Hard Rock International was honored as one of Forbes Magazine’s America’s Best Large Employers, Forbes Magazine’s Top Employers for Women and No. 1 in J.D. Power’s 2019 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Study among Upper Upscale Hotel Chains. In 2020, Hard Rock was honored as one of the Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine. Hard Rock destinations are located in the world’s greatest international gateway cities, including its two most successful flagship properties in Florida and home to the world’s first Guitar Hotel® in South Florida, where its headquarters are located. The brand is owned by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com or shop.hardrock.com.