LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 11, 2023-- Caesars Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: CZR), the largest casino-entertainment company in the U.S., today released its 2022 Corporate Social Responsibility report.
The report highlights progress toward Caesars’ diversity, equity and inclusion goal of gender and racial parity in leadership roles by 2025, progress toward the Company’s goal of reduction in Scope 1 + 2 emissions by 100% by 2050, investment in local communities, Team Member support and more.
“In 2022 we focused on enhancing our existing goals as well as offering more robust support for our Team Members and communities,” said Heather Rapp, Senior Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility for Caesars Entertainment. “This past year’s progress is a reflection of the dedication of our leadership and our Team Members to making an impact both inside and outside of the Company.”
The report details progress in five critical areas for 2022, including:
Environmental Impact: Caesars is working to divert waste from landfills, reduce water consumption and reduce the Company’s carbon footprint.
- The Company is working toward a reduction in Scope 1 + 2 emissions by 100% by 2050. In 2022, Caesars achieved an interim target in Scope 1 + 2 emissions of 41.8%
- In 2022, Caesars reduced water consumption by 14% compared to a 2019 baseline. The Company was also named to CDP’s 2022 A-list for Water Security for the third consecutive year and received three “A” ratings for Climate Change, Water Security and Supply Chain submissions
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: To further advance the Company’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in its workforce, communities and supply base, in 2020 Caesars pledged DEI goals of achieving gender and racial parity in leadership roles by 2025.
- The Company saw a 106% increase of people of color in senior leadership roles for 2022 since the Dec. 2020 baseline
Community Investment: In 2022, Caesars Entertainment invested $81 million in communities in which it operates. This includes $65 million in mandated and discretionary giving, $3.5 million in giving through the Caesars Foundation, $2.4 million as the value of Team Member volunteering and $1.6 million in-kind.
Education: Caesars launched a new educational assistance program for Team Members in July 2022, All-In On Education. The program provides tuition assistance, low to no-cost education options, student loan debt repayment, college savings plans and dependent scholarship opportunities. From its inception through Dec. 2022 the Company has seen:
- 14,700 Team Members create accounts on the Company’s educational platform, representing 29.3% of the eligible workforce
- $1 million disbursed in student loan debt assistance and tuition assistance payments, benefitting 400 Team Members and their families
- 22 dependents of Team Members received scholarships of up to $20,000 over four years to pursue their college education through the inaugural Don Carano Legacy Scholarship
Team Member Support: Providing support and security of Team Members is a top priority at Caesars Entertainment. In 2022, the Company introduced two new programs focusing on Team Member benefits and safety, including:
- Expanded and enhanced our best-in-class healthcare offering, providing Team Members with an array of high-quality and affordable plans
- A new emergency security program to enhance onsite safety. The program requires Team Members to carry an alert fob that can be activated at any time. By the end of 2022, more than 3,700 fobs were issued to Team Members in Las Vegas
Click here for the full report, written in accordance with GRI Standards and including SASB and TCFD indices, and for more information on Caesars Entertainment’s corporate social responsibility progress.
About Caesars Entertainment, Inc.
Caesars Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: CZR) is the largest casino-entertainment company in the U.S. and one of the world’s most diversified gaming-entertainment providers. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, in 1937, Caesars Entertainment has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions. Caesars Entertainment’s resorts operate primarily under the Caesars®, Harrah’s®, Horseshoe® and Eldorado® brand names. Caesars Entertainment offers diversified amenities and one-of-a-kind destinations, with a focus on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of impeccable service, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars Entertainment is committed to its employees, suppliers, communities and the environment through its PEOPLE PLANET PLAY framework. If you think you or someone you care about may have a gambling problem, call 1-800-522-4700. For more information, please visit www.caesars.com/corporate.