22 November, 2013– This weekend’s Football Pools Jackpot 12 game is set to be a record-breaker after it was predicted the pool size is set to hit a whopping £400,000, the highest in the popular game’s history.
The 12-fixture predictor game features matches from the Premier League, the Championship, the Scottish Premier League, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga. As ever, players simply have to correctly predict a home win, draw or away win for each of the 12 selected matches to scoop the massive jackpot.
And with the chance to play from just a 50p stake, it’s clearly a great time to get involved.
Former England goalkeeper, Gordon Banks, part of the 1966 World Cup winning team and Football Pools ambassador said: “The Football Pools has been offering great fun and value to fans of the beautiful game for 90 years now and this weekend presents a fantastic opportunity to scoop a life-changing amount of money predicting the outcome of just 12 games. So try your luck this weekend and you might just win a fortune!”
The Jackpot 12 fixtures are as follows:
Fulham v Swansea
Birmingham v Blackpool
Blackburn v Reading
Bournemouth v Derby
Ipswich v Leicester
Leeds v Middlesbrough
Evian TG v Lorient
Rennes v Bordeaux
Sochaux v Bastia
Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich
Hearts v Ross County
Kilmarnock v Motherwell
Jackpot 12 can be played at www.footballpools.com.
New players who register, deposit and spend £25, get a free £25 bet.
• The Football Pools is owned and operated by Sportech PLC, one of the world’s leading pools and tote gaming companies. Sportech has a presence in over 30 countries, and every year, process over $13 billion (£8 billion) in pools and tote bets.
• The Football Pools business is the world’s oldest football gaming company. Founded in 1923, outside the world famous Old Trafford football stadium, The Football Pools has been based in Liverpool, in the North West of England since that day.
• Over the past nine decades, this iconic British brand has paid out £3.2 billion in prize money to over 61 million winning customers. The Football Pools is proud to be the UK’s favourite football gaming brand with over 350,000 customers every week across a number of channels including postal, telephone, via collector, retail and online.
• The Football Pools has always been committed to leaving a lasting legacy, not only for its millions of winning customers, but also through its support of good causes. £1.3 billion in donations have been made to sport, the arts and charitable initiatives.
• Over the last four decades, hundreds of millions of pounds has been donated by the Football Pools to Football providing an essential lifeline when the game’s wealth was a fraction of what it enjoys today. This enabled clubs to re-build, modernise and make their grounds safer, as well as helping the game tackle some of its social problems. This legacy can be seen in the scores of new and rebuilt stadiums in all parts of the UK – from Huddersfield, Sunderland, Reading and Bolton to Chester, Derby, Inverness, Livingston and Scotland’s Hampden Park – none of which would have been built in the 1980s and 1990s without Football Pools assistance.
• Since 2009, The Football Pools strengthened its commitment to British football, by partnering the Football Leagues across several charitable initiatives, with the objective of improving the lifestyles of fans within the Football Club’s communities. Over 100 clubs were actively involved in community projects funded by The Football Pools.
• This year, The Football Pools celebrates its 90th Season. To mark this incredible milestone, the company is continuing its support of good causes, donating £50,000 to two grass-roots football clubs in its 90 Day Community Challenge and by developing The Street Games Football Pools Fives project, which has seen great success in its inaugural year. The Football Pools plan to donate further substantial amounts to fund more community grass roots projects across the UK.
To play The Football Pools please visit www.footballpools.com or call 0800 500 000 for further information. For more information on Sportech PLC, including company history and charitable initiatives please visit www.sportechplc.com.