New York Post Casino chain Caesars has fired a top executive who was accused of terminating an underling who complained about his “making out” with another underling.
Caesars terminated Regional President Kevin Ortzman after the lawsuit, filed by Jocelyn Agnellini Allison, triggered an internal investigation, two sources said.
Ortzman, who oversaw the company’s Bally’s, Caesars and Harrah’s Resort properties in Atlantic City, was let go on Aug. 9 after meeting with Caesars CEO Tony Rodio, the sources added.
It’s unclear if Ortzman was fired as a result of the investigation, but Agnellini Allison “feels vindicated” by the termination, said a person with knowledge of her thinking.
As The Post reported in June, Agnellini Allison claimed that her 21-year career at Caesars started to suffer after she complained in May 2017 that Ortzman had been “making out” with a subordinate after a work function in a way that “made employees uncomfortable.”
Instead of taking action, Caesars top brass looked the other way as Ortzman retaliated, including telling people “there will be hell to pay” once he found out who ratted on him, the lawsuit said.
Shortly thereafter, Agnellini Allison says she began to be excluded from “executive team thank you e-mails” and even holiday gift-giving.
She was also kept out of meetings, “treated in a hostile and dismissive manner” and “falsely” accused of abusing her position and administrative compensation privileges, according to the suit.
The alleged “retaliation” continued until she was fired without explanation in February 2019.
Ortzman did not return calls for comment.
Caesars’ media contacts in Atlantic City and Las Vegas headquarters did not respond to requests for comment.